Hosted at Camp Squeah Retreat Centre in Hope, BC
“Nestled in the forest, in the Fraser Canyon, this is a place to get away from the hurries and worries of every day. Spend a tranquil afternoon in the shade of the towering trees. Hear the music of the songbirds. Feel the fresh mountain air on your face. This is what it means to retreat.” www.squeahretreat.com
>> ROOMS ARE STILL AVAILABLE SO WE ARE ACCEPTING LATE REGISTRATIONS.
Sue was born a California girl (dual citizen) with much of her education and training coming from there, but she loves to travel and got the bug to see the world soon after University. Sue first began to sense God’s call to serve and care for others while a student in Austria. She experienced the transforming power of hope in her own life and the lives of others. From that point, she pursued both Higher Education and a variety of practical experiences that have equipped her for her current role.
Sue then had the privilege of working at Trinity Western University for 18 years. Mentoring/counselling, discipling, and leadership development were her focus as she met with students from diverse backgrounds and experiences. It was exciting and fulfilling for Sue to watch students discover and grow in their faith and understanding of themselves.
In 1994 Sue met her wonderful husband. Together they have 2 school age children and enjoy the outdoors: hiking, biking, running, and grabbing gelato at their favourite spot in Fort Langley. A few of her favourite moments are reading on their porch, sipping tea with good friends or having people over for a BBQ.
In 2009 Sue left Trinity to begin her own Coaching Business out of her home.
FIRST ACTIVITY OPTIONS (before lunch):
Cooking Class with a Professional Chef ($7.00)
It’s not every day that you get the chance to take part in a private cooking demonstration by a professional chef! Camp Squeah’s own chef, Hiro Yoshi, will show us how to whip up a 5 star dish in little time!
DIY Decorative Twig Stars ($7.00)
The stars are constructed from thin tree branches and twine. They’re simple yet stunning! They will make a unique decorative piece in your home…a definite conversation starter.
Have you ever used a bow and arrow? Whether you’re a veteran archer or a beginner, this is a great opportunity to learn more about the traditional skill of archery. Squeah staff can lead this activity in all weather as their firing area is covered. This is a great activity to improve upon a skill that requires discipline and gives quick rewards!
SECOND ACTIVITY OPTIONS (after lunch):
High Ropes Course ($20.00)
This activity is not for the faint-of-heart! The challenges offered in this unique activity are facilitated by certified staff for an excellent, character forming experience. Some of the 5 high ropes elements include: the Bosun’s Steps, Dangle Duo & our Adjustable Aerial Leap. This activity is weather dependent. If weather is not suitable for the high ropes course, then you will receive a refund and have the opportunity to join another activity if there is room.
DIY Housewarming Signs from Re-claimed Wood ($10.00)
Country style wooden signs are all the rage in decorating these days. They can be humorous, classic, fancy or plain! We’ll use re-claimed wood, stencils and paint. Anyone can make one and they’ll give any room in your home a touch of character.
DIY Easter Wreaths ($12.00)
Easter wreaths are a great way to decorate for the season. The wreaths will be constructed from spring baby grass yarn and other decorative Easter themed accents!
An invigorating exercise session of salsa, merengue, calypso and cha-cha – set to high energy Christian music. Make sure you bring runners with smooth treads, water bottle, hand weights, yoga mat.
Guided Hike (Free)
The myriad of trails from Camp Squeah will take you to a variety of exciting places, depending on your preference and skill level. Several trails lead to beautiful spots along Emory Creek, including one trail with 200 steps and two trails that lead to waterfalls. Join a Squeah staff member and enjoy some time in the beautiful surroundings of Camp Squeah. If you prefer to hike without our guide, a trails map is available.
Are you a games enthusiast or just like the excuse to gab with other ladies? There will be loads of board games to choose from. We’ll have someone there to help rally the troops!
Always a fun and friendly bidding competition! If you would like to give, now is the time to start collecting or working on those special goodies. Proceeds will go towards a woman in need. We want to provide the best quality items for our silent auction. To help us achieve this, please only donate new items or high-quality handmade crafts. Baked goods are also welcome!
The Oasis Committee has decided to offer Friday Dinner at Camp Squeah since getting dinner and trying to check-in and get settled in your room can sometimes be an awkward thing to schedule. So dinner is available in Squeah Lodge at 5:30pm to those who register for it and pay the $10 fee. The option is on your registration form under the heading “Check All That Apply.”
Directions to Camp Squeah
27915 Trans Canada Hwy, Hope, BC V0X 1L3
From Vancouver (approx. 2 hours 15 mins)
1. Head East on Trans Canada Highway 1 (approx. 143km)
2. Take Exit 170 for BC-1 E/Trans Canada Highway
3. Keep left at the fork (traffic light). Follow signs for Hope Town Centre/Cache Creek/Rte 1 East)
4. Continue to follow Trans Canada Hwy/BC-1 E (approx. 17 km)
5. Look for Oasis and Camp Squeah signs after you leave Hope Town Centre and pass Lake of the Woods Rest Area
6. Camp Squeah will be on your left. There will be a left hand turning lane and you will see Squeah’s new sign at the entrance (see photo of sign in the map above).
From Kelowna (approx. 3 hours)
1. Merge onto BC-97C W via ramp to Merritt/Kamloops/Hope (17.2 km)
2. Turn left to merge onto BC-5 S toward Yellowhead Hwy S/Vancouver (105 km)
3. Continue onto BC-3 W (109 km)
4. Take Exit 171 toward Trans Canada Hwy/BC-1 E/Hope/Cache Creek (5.3 km)
5. Turn left onto Old Hope Princeton Way
6. Take the 1st right onto Trans Canada Hwy/Water Ave/BC-1 E (16.3 km)
7. Look for Oasis and Camp Squeah signs after you leave Hope Town Centre and pass Lake of the Woods Rest Area
8. Camp Squeah will be on your left. There will be a left hand turning lane and you will see Squeah’s new sign at the entrance (see photo of sign in the map above).
Landmarks to look for after Hope Town Centre:
- Drive on bridge over the Fraser River
- Lake of the Woods Rest Area (on left)
- American Creek
- Dogwood Gas Station (on left)
- Dogwood Valley Camp (on left)
Camp Squeah is just 2 km passed Dogwood Valley Camp
- Look for Camp Squeah’s new sign on your left (see image of sign in map above)